IBC 2011 Bio-Ontologies Symposium
International Botanical Congress (IBC2011), July 23rd – 30th 2011
The Plant Ontology will host a symosium on Bio-Ontologies for the Plant Sciences under the Genetics, Genomics and Bioinformatics theme.
Schedule of speakers
Thursday, July 28, 2011
13:30PM - 15:30PM, Melbourne time
Introduction to the symoposium (2 minutes or less), Ramona Walls, The New York Botanical Garden
1. Pankaj Jaiswal, Oregon State University, Ontologies for Plant Biology - IBC 2011 - This will be an introductory talk on general use of ontologies, GO, genomics, etc.
2. Dennis Stevenson, Final title TBA. Genomics of seed plants. Unraveling Darwin’s “abominable mystery”: using phylogenomics to identify proteins of importance in plant evolution - IBC 2011
3. Ramona Walls, The New York Botanical Garden, The Plant Ontology: an updated tool for all plant biologists - IBC 2011
Link to PDF of presentation: Media:Walls_PO_presentation_IBC11.pdf
4. Rudy Appels, Center for Comparative Genomics, Murdoch University, Investigating trait ontologies to facilitate integrating phenotype and genome sequence level information in wheat
Link to PDF of presentation: Media:Appels_wheat_ontology_presentation_IBC11.pdf
5. Gavin Kennedy, The University of Queensland PODD: An Ontology Driven Architecture for Extensible Phenomics Data Management - IBC 2011
Link to PDF of presentation: Media:Kennedy_PODD_presentation_IBC11.pdf
6. Scott Schuette, Department of Plant Biology, Southern Illinois University, Aaron Corley Department of Plant Biology, Southern Illinois University, Daniel Lang, Plant Biotechnology, University of Freiburg, and Matt Geisler, Department of Plant Biology, Southern Illinois University Predicted Protein-Protein Interactions in the Moss Physcomitrella patens: A New Bioinformatic Resource